Saturday, June 8, 2013

Unknown Insect

Today, I'm sharing a photo I took of an insect that I'm unable to identify.  He caught my eye  because of the brilliant colors.  The insect itself is so beautiful but against the bright yellow daisy, it was striking.  And since I'm so attuned to colors....(those of you who know me, know I love Red and all other bright colors!)  After a lot of research, I was unable to determine what he is.  However, in my search, I found a really cool site I'd like to share with you all.  Discover Life  Even though it didn't work in this case, it is a fun way to identify an insect.  You select a choice for each part of the insect and the possibilities are narrowed as you select the shape of the head, the number of wings, etc.  I do wish I could identify this fellow.  If anyone know, please pass it along.


Til Tomorrow, Keep a lookout for nature's wonder,
Sandra

No comments: