Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Butterflies

A few years ago, Mr. Wiggins, a man in my neighborhood, started to clear an overgrown area adjacent to his home.  It was an unsightly lot filled with palmetto bushes.  I watched with awe as he worked and I occasionally wondered about his sanity.  It was a BIG job.  But now, it is a haven for butterflies and birds.  I spend a lot of time last summer visiting with Mr. Wiggins and asking a myriad of questions.

I was so inspired, that I wanted to make a sanctuary for the butterflies, bees, hummingbird and all birds.  In my search for plants, I found some wonderful attractors for the visitors I hope to have.  One very interesting one was a butterfly plant.  Now there is butterfly bush with large purple flowers and there is a butterfly weed that butterflies lay eggs underneath the leaves and when they hatch, the caterpillars eat that weed.  But I found a special butterfly plant.  Not only does it attack butterflies but it looks like a butterfly.


 I'm constantly amazed at God's handiwork and ever grateful for the beauty all around.

Til Tomorrow,
Sandra

No comments: