Saturday, June 15, 2013

Spath

The Spath or as it is commonly know the Peace Lily has been a baffling plant to me.  I had one, you know the one in the vase with the water and the fighting fish.  Alas, it died (both of them).  I got another and planted it in a indoor pot, it never bloomed and alas, it too died.  Got a third one and just as it was about to pass on, I planted it in my courtyard. Might as well, its dying anyway, right?   It got so big, I had to split it in half.  Then there were two.  Winter came with cold weather and the plants turned brown and I cut them down, but with the spring came new growth.  After three years, the two have become 6 and now live down by the pond.  They are truly beautiful.  So, when you read about the care of the Peace Lily House Plant (mist daily, trim all dread leaves, keep in a shaded area, etc.), you have to wonder....


Til, Tomorrow,
Tweetles
Sandra

No comments: